Smart Backup is a complete WordPress solution for database backup and restore operations. Create backups of your complete WordPress installation, files only, or database only. Backups can be restored with one click.
Options for the scheduler include timeouts (for tight PHP servers), backup types (files, .sql, complete) and notification emails for backup success or failure.
The backup manager allows for easy restoring by type, date or ZIP archive.
New features include higher timeouts for overriding PHPs MAX_EXECUTION_TIME directive and more contextual help.
New in version 1.5.1:
- Added on-demand Amazon S3 backup and upload
- Added new Help section
- No more full root backups, as infinite loops may occur on some large WordPress installations
- Backup only wp-content directory for obvious reasons
- Fixed several invalid paths and bugs on some server configurations
- Increased maximum execution time to 10 minutes
- Switched off debugging by default
Complete list of features:
- No bloated features and unnecessary code.
- Fast, AJAX -driven options (no page reload).
- PHP4 compatibility for older servers.
- WordPress 2.8+ compatibility for older versions (though not recommended).
- Enhanced .htaccess protection for backups directory.
- No external PEAR libraries for ZIP archive generation.
- No unnecessary server/MySQL load when backing up or restoring.
- Uses simple JSON .
- Works on Windows servers (though not recommended).
- Overrides PHP script timeout, helpful for large WordPress installations.
- Advanced memory usage messages and server response errors for easy bug reporting and debugging (for advanced users only).
- Cleans up all options upon deactivation. No garbage left.
- No ads.